Pizza: The ultimate comfort food.
This month the Daring Bakers tackle pizza making. This isn’t anything new to me, one of my first posts was pizza making (I even threw the dough!). The rules are a little slack this month: use the recipe provided, get a picture of yourself throwing the dough, and top it with anything you want. Here’s my throwing proof!
No crazy ingredients involved, techniques aren’t anything new, and I can use my mixer! This was too good to pass up; besides, I love pizza.
The dough was easy to put together but nothing to write home about. It wasn’t my favorite, but how can you dislike pizza? At least I had fun throwing the pizza around.
The recipe made six medium-sized pizzas, and like a champ, I made them all. My six pizzas were:
- Cheese – a classic
- Egg topped cheese pizza – sounds weird, tastes good
- Hearts of Palm – the apprentice claims it’s a Brazilian staple
- Potato with goat cheese bechamel – my take on a white pizza
- Mebrillo and Manchego – dessert? appetizer? Either way, it was good
- Hearts of Palm – a mishap with the dough sticking to my ‘peel’ turned this one into a mess
If you’re interested in the dough recipe, it can be found here or in The Bread Baker’s Apprentice.